I remember- Part 1

When I was in Elementary school, I was left at my aunt's house to stay there so she can work at Cebu as a stay at home maid. For me I understand that my mom has to do this so she can provide me a better life. The plan is to send me monthly allowance from my mom, and my Aunt and her Husband are gonna be my guardians. They are supposed to be someone that will make sure my well being is doing good, and that I am gonna be provided food and comfort from my moms Work. Atleast, this was the plan my mom had in Mind. 

 

       With that being said, all those plans my mom had plan for my living arrangement, was not exactly I had experience. My aunt and uncle did not really use the money provided for me from my moms hard work into good use. Instead, they did not provided me with any ample food or decent food to eat. I was also put to work by fetching my own shower water, in the hot summer days of the Philippines, where there is no direct water line. I don't have my own closet to put my clothes, I have to do yard work, and other house work for them. I do as what they said, and never questioned them. I was just a kid and did not know any better. I never get to eat good food or get decent clothes. I was looking like I was an orphaned kid living on the street. Occasionally, they treat me with what they call a good food, and bought me a pair of red dress, saying it was from them. Where in fact it was my moms money- so NO that was not from them. This was my living situation for a year. 

           When my mom left the in house maid job, she came back and finally came to pick me up.  I was excited to see her and so as she. She saw looking so different, dark, skinny- looking malnourished and my hair is full of lice. It was not the same me when she dropped me off a year before that. She was disappointed from her sister. She was not happy. They maid so many excuses as to why. I did not even understand as to what it was all about. All I am happy about was my mom finally came back for me. Nevertheless, I did not harbour any bad feelings about it. I learned lessons. And most of all, I remember some of those memories, but mostly I forgot by now. Maybe my brain was trying to erased the not so good memories of my childhood. It was not a bad experience, it was just a little different because my mom raised me in an environment where I was not exposed to a very hard labor like other kids do. And my money hungry Aunts and Uncles, saw an opportunity for a free child labor-in my opinion. 


    In these memories, I never felt hate. I was angry at first for what they did, but as I grow older, I came to think that now I have stories to tell about my childhood experience and memories. I could not forget what they did, and how they take advantage of me and my mom, but it is all okay now. I don't really feel anything for them. They said " you don't really get feelings for the people you don't care", Maybe that is true.


    


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am obsessed with clothes and shoes....

What is on my mind?